Naked Beaches and Getting your kit offMost Caribbean islanders are very religious and conservative, therefore public nudity is generally frowned upon or not allowed. As far as the law is concerned, clothing optional beaches are not legal but as tourism pays the bills, the authorities turn a blind eye.
Topless sunbathing is widely acceptable in Jamaica, but spots for full-on nude swimming and sunbathing are a little scarce. You can of course hire a boat or a boat owner to take you to some deserted beach. If you're going to do this, it's best not to go alone and of course you need drinking water, sunscreen reef shoes and some clothing for unexpected changes in the weather or unexpected clothed visitors.
Girls have to be careful when sunbathing or skinny-dipping off the beaten track is the mating instinct of any passing mail maybe a challenge to fend off, or it could turn into a delightfully romantic encounter.
However, there are some good resort options for people who prefer to tan in the buff, whether they are spring breakers or anyone trying to avoid tan lines.
- Catching falling star is more a B&B, perfect for “vegging out” and sunbathing naked in total peace and quiet.
- Club Ambiance is the newest addition to the list of Clothing Optional Resorts on the island of Jamaica.
- Couples Negril is said to be very romantic and less risqué, than many other other adult-only resorts. So it may be nice for your honeymoon or to slip into collective nudity.
- Couples San Souci, is another couples resort that offers private nude facilities for those looking for a luxury couples vacation.
- Couples Tower Isle was one of Jamaica’s first couple’s only all-inclusive hotels famous for exceptional weddings and honeymoon vacation packages.
- Breezes Grand Resort & Spa Negri that's said to be a bit more full on, nude and sexy.
- Firefly Cottages is one of the original spots on the world famous seven-mile beach in Negril Jamaica.
- Gran Bahia is a good choice for low-key parents and couples interested in naked sunbathing, but not partying.
- Hedonism II is the trendsetter and barrier breaker of clothing optional vacationing over the entire Caribbean.
- N Resort is perfect for the naturist looking for a relaxing nude vacation experience.
- Sunset Beach is a great choice for families.